Humulus has been a personal project of mine, and I hope others will find it useful. As a user and fan of open source, I welcome all contributions!
This guide is intended to help you contribute to this project with minimal fuss. Please always feel free to open an issue to ask questions!
Do not hesitate to open issues if you have questions on how to use Humulus, or if you think you’ve found a bug. Please provide any information that you may find relevant.
I welcome all pull requests!
For all pull requests, I ask the following:
- Your pull request should address an open issue. If you’d like to contribute an enhancement, please open an issue first, describing what you’d like to accomplish.
- Your code should pass all tests.
- Your code should not decrease coverage of the tests.
- Your code must have been passed through Black. The
pyproject.ymlfile is configured to limit line lengths to 79 characters.
- Your code must pass the Flake8 checks and your documentation must pass the doc8 checks.
- Your code should work with Python 3.6 and newer.
- You agree to license your contribution under the Apache 2.0 License. You retain your copyright. Add a copyright notice to the top of the file.
All requirements for developing this project are in the
requirements-dev.txt file. Also, use pre-commit to help ensure your code
will pass the linting process.
pip install -r requirements-dev.txt pre-commit install